Based on a cooperation agreement between the World Maritime University (WMU) and the University of Nantes, the OceansTrends 2018 scientific seminar will be held at WMU in Malmö, Sweden from 29-30 August on the theme: Conservation and Sustainable Use of the Ocean - Supportive Technologies and Future Trends.
The two-day seminar will include presentations and discussions on Marine Spatial Planning & Blue Growth, Safety Aspects of Exploitation Activities, and issues surrounding Shipping in the Era of Digitalisation including a session on Autonomous Vessels.
The seminar is open to professionals and academics working in the field of sustainable ocean management, marine spatial planning and maritime technologies. Simultaneous interpretation into French and English will be available.
Keynote addresses include:
- Cleopatra Doumbia-Henry, President, World Maritime University (WMU)
- Patrick Chaumette, Professor, PI Human Sea Programme, University of Nantes
- Lucie Trulla, Deputy Head of Mission, French Interregional Maritime Directorates North Atlantic Western Channel
- Charlotte Ahrendt Steen, Deputy Director General, CPO, Danish Maritime Authority
- Mathias Jonas, Secretary General, International Hydrographic Organization
- Ronan Long, Director, WMU-Sasakawa Global Ocean Institute, World Maritime University
- Magnus Sundström, Head of Research and Innovation Unit, Swedish Maritime Administration
- François Victor, Deputy Head of Mission, French Interregional Maritime Directorates North Atlantic Western Channel
For more information about OceansTrends 2018 visit http://scholar.wmu.se/oceanstrends.
Date: 29-30 August
Location: World Maritime University, Fiskehamnsgatan 1, Malmö, Sweden